Akkupack 1800mAh 6-Cell 7.2V Smart NiMH Battery IC3Features
• Spektrum Smart Technology Makes Charging and Maintaining Batteries Easy
• Automatic charging when paired with a Spektrum Smart Charger - insures safe and accurate charge parameters
• Internal Battery Temperature Monitor helps guarantee safe Charging and Discharging
• Integrated Microchip Stores Unique Parameters for Each Battery
• New IC3 and IC5 Connectors are Compatible with EC3 and EC5
• Save Time and Hassle, while Improving Battery Life
You’ll never have to set charge preferences for a Spektrum Smart battery until you want to. When a Spektrum Smart NiMH battery is connected to a Spektrum Smart charger, unique parameters and health of that Smart NiMH battery upload from the Smart memory microchip integrated into the battery. Through the charger, you can view and set preferences, such as charge rates, so that all you have to do to charge the pack every time is press the charger “Start” button. Smart technology takes care of the rest.
Every Smart NiMH battery is factory assembled with the next-generation IC3™ or IC5™ output connector that’s conveniently compatible with older devices equipped with robust EC3™ and EC5™ connectors. You can use Smart Batteries with older systems, but only when connected to a Spektrum Smart device will all the benefits of Smart technology become obvious.
Spektrum Smart NiMH Batteries Store Unique Data, such as:
• Battery Type
• Battery Capacity
• Battery C Rating
• Battery Temperature
• Charge/Discharge Cycles
• Spektrum Smart NiMH batteries also maintain an error log including the number of over-heat, over-discharge and over-charge incidents which can be helpful data in assuring that the battery you’ve chosen is right for the application. A Smart Battery uploads its charge parameters to a Spektrum Smart Charger automatically making charging as simple as pressing the “Start” button. The charge rate of every Smart Battery is customizable, allowing you to take full advantage of packs with faster charge ratings.
Smart Battery Technology
When connected to a Spektrum Smart charger, unique parameters and health of your Smart LiPo battery upload from the Smart memory microchip integrated into the battery. Through the charger, you can set and record preferred settings, such as charge rates, so that all you have to do to charge the pack is press the "start" button. Smart technology will take care of the rest. Every Smart LiPo battery is factory assembled with the next-generation IC3™ and IC5™ output connector that utilizes a data transfer wire to relay saved information to your Smart Chargers.
An integrated microchip allows each Smart Battery to save vital information such as battery brand, chemistry, cell count, capacity, number of charging cycles, number of discharges, C rating, battery temperature, and internal resistance. Additionally, each battery will save a log of unhealthy events such as over-charge, over-discharge, and over-temperature. This allows you to make the most informed decision about each battery when you are getting your gear ready for a day at the field or the track
Simple and Quick
Preset charge, discharge, and storage parameters are automatically relayed to a Spektrum Smart Charger making charging as simple as pressing the “start” button. Charge rate of individual batteries can be user customized allowing you to take full advantage of packs with faster charge ratings. The integrated microchip on each battery will remember the last charging rate you set, so the next time you plug it in, these settings will automatically populate so all you have to do is press “Start.”
New IC3 & IC5 Connectors
The innovative Smart connection is made possible by an installed microchip on every battery, feeding the unique information through a data cable to the new IC3 and IC5 connectors. The IC series of connectors are designed from the ground up to provide a more solid connection, higher heat resistance, and effortless installation. For those using the popular EC3 and EC5 connectors, there's no need to worry. The IC connector series is entirely backwards compatible with existing connectors so you can use Smart Batteries with older systems, but only when connected to a Spektrum Smart device are all the benefits of Smart technology obvious.